Thursday, June 13, 2013

Sedona....my take on it.

We loved our time in Sedona.  It is gorgeous and there is so much to do there. It is a bit "mystic, let me read your crystals,omg look at your lifeline, let me check your Aura, Vortice manic" much for my taste but that aside it is lovely. Yes, the folks in Sedona believe that they have the ONLY rocks that emit spiritual energy and you can actually take tours to those specific rocks. The areas are called Vortices (vortex in the plural form?). Anyway, I can get all of the spiritual energy I need by staring at the stars, the moon, a butterfly or a beautiful rock in Missoula Montana.  I believe spirituality is wherever you look for it.  But the "Sedonians" believe it's here. And they have names like "Feather" and "Storm" and "Whisper". Really? Did their parents really name them that?
We hiked the West Fork of Oak Creek and took a 4x4 jeep excursion with Pink Jeep Tours and saw an awful lot of beauty. So did Rufus.  Here are few photos from the hike:




We did a lot of creek crossing and puddle jumping. It was shady and cool and beautiful.


They are emotional in Sedona. I was standing in Safeway with my 15 items in the 15 item or less aisle and a woman in front of me had maybe 20 items. The woman behind me said " Oh, honestly! She has over 15 items! Did you see that? Life is difficult as it is without this kind of thing happening".......Check your Chakra, lady. Your aura must be out of whack. Grab a bowl of crystals and have Feather do a tarot reading. You'll feel better.

More on Sedona later when I get the jeep tour photos uploaded. 

We went to two churches and lit some candles and prayed for a safe journey to Williams with our new brakes. We did arrive in Williams safely.  Bill says the brakes need to be "bled" again because they aren't quite right but assures me we are safe. 
Chapel of the Holy Cross
Little old church in Jerome

About 26 miles from Sedona is the old mining town of Jerome. It is built on a hillside (Mediterranean style) and very old.  There are over 80 tunnels that run below the town from the mining days.  These tunnel openings are seen all over town. I would be terrified to raise my children there as these tunnels are just wide open! Here are acouple of photos of two that have doors...but most in the town do not!
It was an interesting place with a lot of history.







2 comments:

Nan said...

Cool photos! Jojo and I have a friend who lived in Jerome until she moved to Indy. She is normal - most of the time.

Bill, Jo Ann and RUFUS said...

Seriously? She was normal? LOL!!!